Monday, November 12, 2007

Falafel will have to wait






























3 of the teams in training spent last Monday and Tuesday at Camp Hebron for a team-building and wilderness experience. Monday was jammed full of stuff on the low-ropes challenge course. The spider web picture is one example of those challenges. If you've never done one of those things before, the point is to get you to work together to solve a puzzle or a physical challenge as a group. The point is rarely the actual task but the communication and the process that goes on in accomplishing the task--thus, they're called team-building activities. The other pictures come from a scavenger hunt we did around camp. I'm not sure what the point of the scavenger hunt was since there was no prize and no winner. It just encouraged us to run around camp making fools of ourselves and having fun together. And I just realized that I can't tell you much more about our camp. You see, there might be some future YESser reading this and we've been warned not to give up too much info about what went down. I will say that we got to see some spectacular early morning views--the leaves were every color from green to yellow to fire red when we were ther. Overall, I was totally blessed by the experience and especially by my teammates' good attitudes throughout the experience.

Ever since leaving Israel this summer, I've been craving some good falafel. Falafel is a middle eastern sandwich--hunks of fried chickpeas in pita with veggies and sauce. You can get one for a buck in Bethlehem but it's hard to come by in central PA. I thought I was in luck though for today when as a team, we planned to go to the 2nd St. Kabob in Harrisburg for lunch. Unfortunately, we arrived this afternoon to find the place closed even after I made reservations on Friday...ugh. We got monster burritos at Neato Burrito instead. Still good but definitely not what I was hoping for. I suppose my tongue can wait 2 more weeks for pita goodness.--Jared

No comments: