
As I gazed out the muddy van window, I observed the devastation and brokenness in an atmosphere of frustration by the local people. I found myself looking over my shoulder at the watch towers and police barricades. My heart crumbled at the brokenness among the people in this region. I was overcome by the broken homes and estranged people as we passed by. It was almost like I was watching a sad movie in high speed. Once again, I felt hopeless in my inability to help the situation. I just found myself praying to God for direction in where he wanted me.
God has opened up doors for my team to see the country and visit the local people. Adam, Andy, and I tagged along to Hebron to visit the ceramics shop that supplies the BBC gift shop and quickly visit the only Christian school in Hebron. We are hoping to help out at the school a few times a week. This would be a great opportunity, if it is in God's will for us.
The boys and one girl were ecstatic when they saw us. There were especially impressed with
Andy because he had gum for all. The children almost knock Andy off his feet. We were not able to stay long, but it was an eye opening experience to see the lifestyle of the children and the people in Hebron. We listened to the struggled people dealt with on a daily basis. This trip allowed me to experience and learn about the longing need for love and hope. My eyes are aware of the confinement and frustration in this area. This experience made me realize how much we need to be praying for all parties of the conflict here. We need to be a steady light within darkness. In Matthew 5:16, Jesus says, "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven". This our chance to shine.
--Hannah
3 comments:
We are enjoying the team blog page! Know that there are many prayers going up for all of you. Jared, we pray for guidance as you lead this wonderful team!
Hello JaredAdamHannahMelodyAudreyandAndrew
we should go to Jumbo Chinese BuffeTT sometime.
If you guys have to approve them, then am I allowed to write nasty things since no one will see them?
Post a Comment