After a very long Monday, I thought this week would be the same. After a much needed vacation, I came back to the start of the guest house's peak season. In the next 3 months, I will be hosting some very large groups that will fill all my rooms. It was hard for me to get back into the groove on Tuesday morning. I had to get used to waking up before the sun, cleaning, and being on demand, 24/7. Also, It didn't help that I came back to a messy guest house with unexpected guests (which is a norm now). And I was expecting a large group in a few days. I had to get organized and restocked fast.
I never know who will walk through my front door, so I need to be ready for any type of guest(s). Some guests are very needy and others are quieter than a mouse. You just have to be ready for anything, especially in answering questions. The large group arrived on time and quickly got acquainted to their new surroundings. After the first five minutes, I knew I would enjoy the group. They were already joking around and having a good time. They were ready to enjoy a few days in Bethlehem and do some volunteer work as well. The group is from Alabama, USA and they have made my week back, a joyful one.
The group was a blessing because of their energy, passion, and love. They invited me out for pizza one night. They were willing to take time and get to know me. I am always excited when I have the opportunity to get to know my guests on a personal level. I like to know who they are and share about myself. The core of being hospitable is all about creating openness and friendship. I was able to show the group around Bethlehem and share the secrets of where to shop. It felt good to give back to such a generous group. I will be sad when they leave on Sunday, but their passion will live throughout the guest house. I am excited to meet the other groups in the next three months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment